Some of my favorite foods are dairy products…yogurt, milk, ice cream, and of course, CHEESE! It brings boring foods to life. Bake it, sprinkle it, or dip it, cheese is yummy in so many ways!
Today, as usual, my children followed me around the house asking me for a “snack.” They pretty much do this all day. They are snack-ers. But who doesn’t love a tasty snack? Well I was ready for them today. I whipped up a batch of easy cheesy quiche puffs. They are golden cheesy goodies perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and, of course, snack!
Here is the easy recipe!
1 can crescent rolls
1/4 cup milk
dash of pepper
dash of garlic powder
dash of nutmeg
Mozzarella and cheddar cheeses for sprinkling
1. Take crescent rolls out of tube and roll out onto a cookie sheet or cutting board (quickly so they don’t get too mushy)
2. Disregard perforation lines and smoosh them together to make one big crescent roll sheet
3. Using a pizza cutter, cut the big rectangle into 12 smaller rectangles. (they don’t have to be perfect!!)
4. Spray a mini muffin tin lightly with oil.
5. Press individual pieces of roll into muffin holes (in my muffin tin, which has 24 holes, I alternated every other hole) or you could double the recipe and get 24 puffs)
6. Now mix up eggs, milk, pepper, garlic powder and nutmeg. (I mixed them in a bowl with a spout for pouring)
7. Carefully pour (or spoon) egg mixture into rolls. (just a little, not too full)
8. Sprinkle cheeses on top
9. Bake for 10-12 min on 350 F.
10. Eat them up!
Until next time!